I came into my office after a marathon of meetings yesterday to find this simple reminder:
So, I cannot help but post:
Every year, the staff here run an internal campaign to raise money for MidOhio Foodbank's Operation Feed campaign. Sure, it's a little more low key in this tough year (last year featured teams racing to build mountains of canned goods). But, we're still committed to taking care of the people in our community who have been brave enough to speak up and ask for help.
I hope you'll join us.
Here's what we're asking:
- Act personally: Pledge $25. MidOhio Foodbank can turn that into 50 meals. Literally. They do amazing stuff.
- Challenge your co-workers: 226 companies like Ologie have already joined the campaign and are asking their teams to do anything from bringing in a can of soup to making a financial pledge. It's easy to setup - you can get started here. If you do run a workplace campaign, let me know - I'm happy to feature it here.
Over the years, Ologie has worked on the MidOhio Foodbank brand (along with other great agencies, like Resource Interactive); so, we have something of a front row view to the impact they have on families in our community. If you're not as familiar, I can tell you this:
- MidOhio Foodbank delivers food to over 500 soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters, and other programs helping those in need
- For every $1 donation they receive, MOFB is able to distribute $8 of groceries
- In 2007, they fed over 200,000 people
- And were supported by 5000 volunteers
This is our community safety net. It's the one thing we can all do to personally affect change for our neighbors. We can literally feed the hungry with a couple of extra bucks. Let's do it.