Imagine if you could get the very best development or marketing ideas you’d never thought of from people who actually use your product?
This is the killer “listening” app of the social Web. It works lots of ways:
- Finding conversations that are already happening and pulling ideas from them
- Creating opportunities for vast communities to offer and edit their own ideas
- Using captive marketing groups to deeply understand human behavior and test new concepts and products.
- Connects you to the best ideas inside your own company and in your larger community
- Often very cost effective, leveraging resources you already have
- Can generate overwhelming amounts of content
- Can take your brand in inauthentic directions. Need to make sure you balance what the market wants with what’s true to who you are or what your product does
Make sure you:
- Have a very savvy filter for the input. Either by letting the community vote OR by finding someone who can translate ideas into insights
It started as small meetings, one-on-one interactions. But, that quickly became unscalable, particularly as employees came to the table with more and more ideas.
To bridge the gap, Bell Canada created a suggestion / ideas system internally. Any employee can submit an idea. And, all employees are encouraged to logon and evaluate ideas.
Those that get the best community feedback are taken directly to the executive team.